Sweet Molasses Brown Bread Rolls

Wed, 06 Apr 2022 15:39:38 -0700
v122.n012.1
* Exported from MasterCook *

                     Rolls, Sweet Molasses Brown Bread

Recipe By     : Julie Menghini
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Low Fat
                 Muffins/Rolls

                         Dough:
   4          teaspoons  active dry yeast
   1                cup  warm water -- 110F
   1                     egg -- room temperature
      1/4           cup  honey
   3               tbsp  molasses
   2               tbsp  cocoa -- I used dutch processed
   1                tsp  salt
      1/4           cup  brown sugar
   2               cups  all-purpose flour
   2               cups  whole wheat flour
                         Cornmeal -- optional
                         Brown sugar butter:
   8               tbsp  salted butter
      1/4           cup  brown sugar
   1               tbsp  honey

Soft Sweet Molasses Brown bread rolls are soft and delicious.
Molasses, honey and whole wheat flour give these rolls a mild
sweetness and great flavor, especially when slathered with brown sugar butter!

Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 22 mins
Total: 37 mins

Combine warm water and yeast in the bowl of a stand mixer and let sit
for 10 minutes.

Combine all remaining ingredients, except for the whole wheat flour
and mix together using the paddle beater. Scrape down sides and mix
until just combined.

Change beater to the dough hook. Add one cup of the whole wheat flour
and mix on low until combined. Gradually add another cup of whole
wheat flour until dough starts to ball and leaves the sides of the
bowl. Beat on low for 7 minutes, adding additional flour if necessary.

Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until tight
and smooth, 4 to 5 times. Place in a large lightly oiled bowl,
turning once to oil both sides of the dough ball. Cover and allow to
rise until doubled in size, 90 minutes.

Preheat oven to 350F.

Punch down dough and form 16 rolls. Place in a greased 9X13" pan and
allow to rise again for 1 hour.

Brush with melted butter and sprinkle with cornflour (optional)

Bake for 22 minutes.

Cal 163, Fat 1g, Carb 34g, Sod 154mg, Fiber 3g, Pro 5g

Review: Julie - I love these rolls! They turned out great, I can't
wait to have them with my next steak meal and really get the full
outback experience!

Source:
   "Adapted from Itsalwaysautumn.com"
S(Internet address):
   https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Conchas-_Mexican-Sweet-Bread_-Recipe-2627181

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 215 Calories; 7g Fat (26.8%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 36g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber;
29mg Cholesterol; 202mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 1 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0526