Homemade Bread in a Bag

Mon, 04 Jul 2022 17:42:04 -0700
v122.n022.7
* Exported from MasterCook *

                       Bread, Homemade Bread in a Bag

Recipe By     :AllFreeCopycatRecipes.com Test Kitchen
Categories    : Bread                           Bread-Bakers Mailing List
                 Low Fat                         Muffins/Rolls
                 Posted

   5               cups  bread flour -- plus
   2        tablespoons  bread flour -- for kneading (see note)
   1         tablespoon  RapidRise yeast -- do not substitute regular yeast
   3        tablespoons  sugar
   1 1/2       teaspoon  salt
   2               cups  water
   3        tablespoons  butter

Looking for a recipe for bread that does not require a machine or too
much work? This Homemade Bread in a Bag recipe will make fresh loaves
of bread with almost no effort. The quick homemade bread recipe is
made with minimal kneading and is a great cooking project to do with
children. After baking, the bread will have a light brown crust and
soft, doughy inside. Learn how to make homemade bread while leaving
your kitchen mess-free.

Place 2 cups of the flour into a gallon-size zip-top plastic bag and
add the yeast, sugar, and salt. Shake the bag to mix the ingredients.
Heat the water in the microwave for 1 minute, until it is 120F.

Add water and butter to the bag and seal the top. Knead the
ingredients with your hands until the butter is well incorporated.

Add 2 cups more flour and again knead with your hands. Add the final
1 cup of flour and continue to knead until the dough comes together
and no longer sticks to the sides of the bag.

Sprinkle a clean work surface with the cup of flour and turn dough
out of the bag onto the surface.

Knead 15 -20 times until the dough is smooth.

Spray the top of the dough with cooking spray and cover with plastic
wrap; let rest 10 minutes until it is puffy.

Remove the plastic and punch down the dough.

For bread loaves: Spray two 9 x 4" loaf pans with cooking spray.
Divide the dough into two portions. Use your fingers or a rolling pin
to roll the dough into a square about 9 x 9". Roll very tightly into
a log, pinching ends to seal and place into prepared pans, seam side
down. Repeat with the second portion.

For dinner rolls: Spray two 8 x 8" bake pans with cooking spray.
Divide the dough into two portions. Loosely roll each portion into a
2" wide log and divide that into 12 equal size pieces. Roll each
piece in your palms to form a smooth ball, pinching edges underneath.
Place in the pan and repeat with the remaining dough.

Cover dough with plastic wrap which has been sprayed with cooking
spray and allow to rise in a warm place for 30 minutes.

Preheat oven to 375F. Bake loaves for 30 to 35 minutes, rolls for 25
to 30 minutes until golden brown and bread tests 200F with an
internal read thermometer.

Tip out of the pans and let cool on cooling racks.

Notes:
Bread flour is formulated to have a higher gluten content and will
make better bread;  all-purpose flour will work but bread flour is
the better choice.
Rapid rise or instant yeast works quicker and is important to use in
this method of mixing and rising.

Review: I made this recipe twice, made one loaf of bread with eleven
rolls, Made it a second time and made two loaves of bread. first time
I have used Rapid Rise yeast. I really like the taste of the bread ,
and I will continue to make it. I Used a white bread flour for the
first batch and 3 cups white bread flour with 2 cups of whole wheat
bread flour for the second batch. The WW bread did not rise as much
as the white bread. But I expected that. I am diabetic and need the
whole wheat. I have told my son to let my eight YO granddaughter make this.

Review: Wow Bread in a bag.I never would have known you can do this.
It has been a long time since I have made bread from scratch because
I could not get dough right. I love breads and I will certainly be
trying this recipe and I like the video and the way she separated the
dough to make rolls and bread at the same time. Genius. How many
people have used this recipe?

Review: I have a weakness for bread and rolls, and homemade is always
best. This recipe is delicious! Just a tiny hint of sweetness, and a
lovely, crusty outside with a moist, tender inside. My kind of rolls!

Review: This homemade bread tasted amazing! I would make this every week.

Review: This is one of my favorite homemade bread recipes ever. The
perfect flavor and texture!

Review: Mmmm when it comes right out of the oven and you have that
first bite, there are no words. This bread actually tasted a little
sweet, it was perfect.

Review: You can't tell from the finished result that this recipe is
so easy! The bread was nice and fluffy and had a pretty golden brown crust.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.allfreecopycatrecipes.com/Sandwiches/Homemade-Bread-in-a-bag

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 187 Calories; 3g Fat (14.1%
calories from fat); 5g Protein; 34g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 6mg Cholesterol; 224mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch);
1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2019 - 0404