Golden Honey Pan Rolls

Sat, 15 Oct 2022 21:13:59 -0700
v122.n030.8
* Exported from MasterCook *

                          Rolls, Golden Honey Pan

Recipe By     :Sara Wing
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Muffins/Rolls
                 Posted

   1                cup  warm 2% milk -- (70 to 80F)
   1              large  egg -- room temperature
   1              large  egg yolk -- room temperature
      1/2           cup  canola oil
   2        tablespoons  honey
   1 1/2      teaspoons  salt
   3 1/2           cups  bread flour
   2 1/4      teaspoons  active dry yeast
                         GLAZE:
      1/3           cup  sugar
   2        tablespoons  butter -- melted
   1         tablespoon  honey
   1              large  egg white
                         Additional honey -- optional

A cousin in North Carolina gave me the recipe for these delicious
honey-glazed rolls. Using my bread machine to make the dough saves me
about 2 hours compared to the traditional method. The rich buttery
taste of these rolls is so popular with family and friends that I
usually make two batches so I have enough!

Prep: 35 min. + rising
Bake: 20 min.

In bread machine pan, place the first 8 ingredients in order
suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5
minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed.)

When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface.
Punch down; cover and let rest for 10 minutes. Divide into 24 pieces;
shape each into a ball. Place 12 balls each in 2 greased 8" square
baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about
30 minutes.

For glaze, combine the sugar, butter, honey and egg white; drizzle
over dough. Bake at 350F until golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes. Brush
with additional honey if desired.

Test Kitchen tips: Dissolve yeast in warm milk. In another bowl,
combine egg, egg yolk, oil, honey, salt, yeast mixture and 2 cups
flour; beat on medium speed until smooth. Stir in enough remaining
flour to form a soft dough (dough will be sticky). Turn onto a
floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6 to 8 minutes.
Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let
rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch down dough;
cover and let rest 10 minutes. Turn onto a lightly floured surface.
Divide and shape into 24 balls; place 12 each in 2 greased 8x8"
baking pans. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about
30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350F glaze and bake as directed.

Editor's Note: We recommend you do not use a bread machine's
time-delay feature for this recipe.

Cal 139, Fat 6g, Carb 18g, Sod 168mg, Fiber 1g, Pro 3g

Review: I made these rolls for my Christmas dinner. First time ever
making dinner rolls turned out wonderful! Followed recipe exactly as
written and they baked up nicely. Not sweet at all, although I did
not make the glaze, which I'm sure makes a difference. Great starter
recipe for someone learning to bake. Will make again.

Review: I hadn't used my bread machine in years until I saw this
recipe and just had to try it. WOW! This is the best. Good to keep in
the freezer as well. My bread machine is gonna get a good workout from now on!!

Review: These rolls are so good! I made two batches last weekend. I
wasn't paying attention and used 100% whole wheat four. The dough
didn't rise all that much, but I figured I would use it anyway. I
then went on to make another batch with regular AP flour. I baked
them all up with the glaze, and they were amazing! Wheat and regular
alike. I used my bread maker to make the dough. So easy! Give this a
try.I think I might make a loaf of bread next time with the dough. It
has such a nice texture that I think it would be great for sandwiches
or just toast.

Review: I love bread recipes for which I can use my bread machine to
save on time. This one is now a family favorite! The rolls are very
light & flavorful, even without the glaze! I try to cut down on
sweetners, so when another reviewer said these are equally delicious
without the glaze, I decided to try them. Our family of four had them
gone by the end of the next day! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Review: These are very good and are relatively simple to make. They
are great to make for a company dinner - so good! They are quite
tasty too even without the glaze (though the glaze is yummy)!

Review: So good! Made this recipe without a bread machine. Simply
mixed the ingredients as directed and kneaded for about 7 to 8
minutes. Let the dough rise for 1 hour then followed the recipe
instructions to shape rolls, let rise again and bake. Wonderful
texture and just a hint of sweetness from the glaze. Will definitely
make again.

Review: Excellent rolls! I'm not a big fan of glazed rolls, so I've
made them with and without the glaze, and they're wonderful either way.

Review: These rolls are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!! My family LOVES them!! They
don't need butter and they just melt in your mouth right out of the
oven!! 10 stars in my book!! Thank you for the fantastic recipe!!

S(Internet address):
   https://www.tasteofhome.com/collection/pennsylvania-dutch-inspired-recipes/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 152 Calories; 6g Fat (38.2%
calories from fat); 3g Protein; 20g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary
Fiber; 21mg Cholesterol; 154mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 Grain(Starch); 0
Lean Meat; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 Fat; 1/2 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 0118