Sesame Chia Banana Bread with Honey and Tahini

Sat, 07 Jan 2023 20:33:13 -0800
v123.n001.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

        Banana Bread, Sesame Chia Banana Bread with Honey and Tahini

Recipe By     : Kevin Lynch
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Low Fat
                 Posted                          Quick Bread

   1                cup  bananas -- mashed, very/over-ripe, (about 3)
      1/2           cup  honey
      1/2           cup  tahini
   2                     eggs -- slightly beaten
      1/3           cup  milk
   1 1/2           cups  all-purpose flour
   1                cup  rolled oats
   1 1/2      teaspoons  baking soda
      1/2      teaspoon  salt
   1         tablespoon  sesame seeds -- white
   1         tablespoon  sesame seeds -- black
   1         tablespoon  chia seeds

A moist, tasty and healthy banana bread with tahini, honey, sesame
seeds and chia seeds!

Prep: 10 minutes
Cook: 1 hour
Total: 1:10

Mix the bananas, honey, tahini, eggs and milk, followed by the
mixture of the flour, oats, baking soda and salt, followed by the seeds.

Pout the batter into a greased loaf pan and bake in a preheated
350F/180C oven until the top is lightly golden brown and a toothpick
pushed into the centre comes out clean, about 60 minutes.

Option: Use a mixture of all purpose flour and whole wheat flour.

Option: Add 1 teaspoon vanilla extract.

Option: Replace the tahini with peanut butter.

Option: Use almond milk or other milk substitute.

Note: If the top starts getting too dark before the centre is done,
cover with foil.

Cal 273, Fat 9g, Carb 42g, Sod 228mg, Fiber 3g, Pro 7g

Review: Thank you for this amazing recipe! Honestly this is the best
banana bread I have ever tasted. The sesame seeds and the Tahini in
this are so tasty!! I added some shredded coconut instead of all the
oats, and also added a 4-spice mix to it for an even more exotic
touch. I turned it into muffins. This is soooo good!! Thank you for
your delicious recipes.

Review: Im impressed! I bought a liquid tahini from Greece and didn't
know what to use it for hence why I googled a cake recipe with this
ingredient. I made this recipe using the exact ingredients and it
tasted amazing and looks just as pretty as the photo. Im going to
make it again next weekend and might try afew modifications as
mentioned by others on the blog. This one is going in my recipe book.

Review: This is a very nice recipe. It tasted very different from
other banana breads I've tried, due to the tahini. I would make it
again, but only on special occasions. It is not the type of cake for
every day, but for those times you want something different and special.

S(Internet address):
   https://www.closetcooking.com/sesame-chia-banana-bread-with-honey-and/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 281 Calories; 10g Fat (30.2%
calories from fat); 8g Protein; 43g Carbohydrate; 3g Dietary Fiber;
44mg Cholesterol; 330mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 1 1/2 Grain(Starch); 1/2
Lean Meat; 1/2 Fruit; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 1 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2020 - 1016