Herbed Tomato Quick Bread

Sun, 22 Jan 2023 20:24:57 -0800
v123.n002.3
* Exported from MasterCook *

                         Quick Bread, Herbed Tomato

Recipe By     : Lynn
Categories    : Bread-Bakers Mailing List       Posted
                 Quick Bread                     Side Dish
                 Snacks

   3               cups  all-purpose flour
   1 1/2      teaspoons  baking powder
   1 1/2      teaspoons  baking soda
      3/4      teaspoon  salt
      1/2      teaspoon  black pepper
   1              large  tomato -- diced, (about 2C)
      1/4           cup  basil -- packed fresh, finely chopped
   2             cloves  garlic -- minced
   2              large  eggs -- lightly beaten
      1/3           cup  extra virgin olive oil
      1/2           cup  milk
   1 1/2           cups  cheese -- any kind, shredded, +
      1/4           cup  cheese -- shredded

A savory bread that comes together quickly using fresh tomatoes and
basil. Perfect for using summer produce!

Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 1 hr
Total: 1:15

Preheat the oven to 350F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick spray or
olive oil. Set aside.

In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking
soda, salt, and pepper. Set aside.

In another large bowl, toss together the tomato, basil, and garlic.
Add the eggs, olive oil, and milk, and toss again to coat everything.

Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until
mostly combined. Add 1 1/2 cups of the cheese and continue to stir
until everything is evenly dispersed. Batter will be thick.

Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and spread evenly with a
spatula. Sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cheese on top of the batter.

Bake loaf for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the
center comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool in the pan at least 15
minutes before removing and serving warm. Store leftovers covered
tightly at room temperature up to 3 days, or in the refrigerator up
to one week. Since bread is very moist, it will spoil quickly at room
temperature. Warm slices in the microwave or toast in a toaster oven
or broiler, if desired. Loaf freezes well, up to 2 months. Thaw in
refrigerator overnight.

Review: This bread takes far longer to bake! After 60 Minutes I
pulled it out and the middle was doey. if and when I make this recipe
again I will try the muffin tins because right now I have a half
Baked loaf of bread well it is delicious at least the part that is
baked through the rest of it I don't know what to do with.
Reply: I'm sorry to hear that! Any chance you have a convection oven?
This bread never takes me more than an hour to bake.

S(Internet address):
   https://freshaprilflours.com/herbed-tomato-quick-bread/

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 231 Calories; 9g Fat (35.4%
calories from fat); 6g Protein; 31g Carbohydrate; 2g Dietary Fiber;
44mg Cholesterol; 444mg Sodium.  Exchanges: 2 Grain(Starch); 0 Lean
Meat; 0 Vegetable; 0 Non-Fat Milk; 1 1/2 Fat; 0 Other Carbohydrates.

NOTES : 2021 - 0418