HI!

ken@csufres.CSUFresno.EDU (Dorothy)
Wed, 31 Jul 1991 09:05:00 GMT
v002.n015.5
Hi, Everyone,
     I just found this neat list and thought I would like to
     get acquainted.  We were in Portland the month of June
     to visit our Mom and son, Steve.  Steve got a bread
     machine from us for Christmas (Welbilt) and has been
     using the machine almost everyday since then.  Ken and
     Steve are both diabetics so we thought it would be a
     good thing to be able to make different kinds of breads
     without having all the sugar found in commercial products.
     Ken liked the bread Steve made so much that he decided
     he would like to have one for his birthday - so I bought
     him a Regal/Hitachi (at least the Regal looks like a
     twin to the Hitachi and are made by the same company).
     Well, he took to it like a duck takes to water.  While
     we were in Portland, Ken made 20 loaves to leave in Mom's
     freezer.  He made all kinds -
     Hidden Valley, plain white, sourdough, German black,
     Pumpernickel, orange, lemon, cinnamon, walnut, dill,
     you name it - he made it.
     We have been back in Fresno since June 10th and he is
     still going strong (grin).  As our son, MIke, says:
                 A Man and His Bread Machine.
     Anyway, I would like to share some of the more successful
     recipes with the group.  I think my first contribution
     will be my favorite - Hidden Valley bread.

                               More Later,

                                 Dorothy

          *----------------*------------------*
          :        __     __     "==========> :