Wet Bricks

ROBINH.DSD-1@mhs.microtekintl.com (ROBIN HILP)
Mon, 12 Dec 94 13:27
v005.n049.9
The quality of loaf my machine produces has been steadily declining, over
the past 2-3 months, from light & fluffy to dense.  I've been able to
correct such problems before by putting in a little less yeast or warming
up the liquid.  (These aren't timed loaves--I start 'em immediately the
ingredients are in.)  Nothing works now.  Is it the weather (cold & wet
this time of year)?  Does yeast go bad no matter what after 6 months?
The package instructions said "store in a cool dark place" so I put it in
an airtight container in the fridge then moved it to a cupboard when the
weather turned cold.