Kneading Dough

Joel.Ehrlich@salata.com (Joel Ehrlich)
23 Jul 95 10:45:38 -0800
v006.n030.6
ow> Hi,

ow> Does anyone have experience with hand kneading and determining
ow> with when the kneading is done? In many bread books (e.g., Laurel's
ow> Kitchen Bread Book) it says to knead about 10 minutes for a one-loaf
ow> dough (about 450 g of whole-wheat flour) after which it should
ow> stretch 'paper-thin'. My dough never became 'paper-thin', even
ow> after kneading much longer. I thought I followed all instructions
ow> of the book.

ow> Thanks, Roland Kwee      <rolandkwee@acm.org>

The dough does not stretch paper thin, _you_ can stretch properly
kneaded dough to paper thinness.

Joel

... Pie R square? NO! Pie R Round! Cornbread R Square!