Colonial Bread recipe

oviattws@alaska.net (scott oviatt)
Tue, 25 Jul 1995 17:07:22 -0800
v006.n030.7
Hello bakers!  I wanted to share with you all my favorite bread machine
recipe. My DAK makes 1 1/2 lb.loaves, so if yours are smaller..
The description is as follows: An early American favorite with a rich sweet
flavor and unique texture.

            COLONIAL BREAD

 1 pkg.yeast
 3 1/2 C. bread flour
 1/3 C. yellow cornmeal
 1 1/2 C. boiling water
 1/3 C. molasses
 1 t. salt
 1 T. butter (use ingredients at room temp.)

Place cornmeal into bowl.  Carefully pour boiling water into cornmeal,
stirring to make sure it is smooth.  Let stand to cool for about 30 minutes.
Stir in molasses, salt, and butter.  Place yeast in pan, bread flour, and
then cornmeal mixture.  Select "white bread" and push "start"

Hope you like it as well as I do!
That's alright....I still got my guitar