Weighing Flour

aa122@detroit.freenet.org (John F Davis)
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 10:22:54 -0400
v006.n036.10
ah683@freenet.Buffalo.EDU (Rachel M. Gonsior)  Writes:

>I've read several posts regarding the benefits of weighing flour to be
>used in recipes.  However, the book which came with my machine lists
>flour measurements in cups, not by weight.  Several books which I consulted
>at the library also list ingredients by volume rather than by weight.
>Does anyone know how to convert recipes which use various kinds of flour?

Well.... The eaisest way is to put a mesureing cup on the scale and mesure
how much lour weighs.  Note it, bake the bread, and if it's perfect RECORD
the weight.  Keep using it.  On the other hand if the bread looks like it
needs a bit more or less, then expierment an ounce or two with the next loaf.

By the way.  I find that 2 cups is 10-12 ounces

- --
   John F Davis In Delightful Detroit, Mi.    aa122@detroit.freenet.org
         "Nothing adds excitement to your life like something
         that is clearly none of your business!"     Battista