Vegan Bread

"Ann Miner" <annminer@pgh.nauticom.net>
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 09:18:27 +0000
v006.n036.11
> > Can anyone post or email me some vegan bread recipes? This would mean (for
> those who don't know) no milk, eggs, or any other animal by product. My
> friend also does not want sugar in the bread. Any suggestions would be
> helpful!!
> 		Thanks
> 	Julia ba903@FreeNet.Carleton.CA

Hi, Julia, You can take just about any bread recipe and substitute
water (or soy milk) for the milk.  Do you use Ener-G egg replacer?
You can use it in breads (1 large egg = 3 T. water + 2 t. Ener-G).
Many bread recipes don't even have eggs.

 For the sugar, you can substitute:
honey  (1 T. sugar - 2 t. honey)
molasses (1 T. sugar = 4 t. molasses)
fructose (1 T. sugar = heaping 1-1/2 t. fructose)
Sucanet (equal measure for sugar)

If you substitute prune puree or applesauce for the fat in a bread,
you may be able to omit the sweetener completely.

Most of this information was from Bread Machine Magic Book of Helpful
Hints by Linda Rehberg & Lois Conway - a most handy reference tool.

Good luck ...                    Ann