Weighing flour

michelle.campbell@stonebow.otago.ac.nz (Michelle Campbell)
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 22:32:38 +1200
v006.n036.12
>From: ah683@freenet.Buffalo.EDU (Rachel M. Gonsior)
>Date: Wed, 23 Aug 1995 13:41:49 -0400
>Subject: Weighing Flour
>
>I've read several posts regarding the benefits of weighing flour to be
>used in recipes.  However, the book which came with my machine lists
>flour measurements in cups, not by weight.  Several books which I consulted
>at the library also list ingredients by volume rather than by weight.
>Does anyone know how to convert recipes which use various kinds of flour?

I only know the conversion for white flour, and even then only to metric.
In metric, one cup is 250 mls; I think American cups are something like
237.  One pound of flour is four metric cups.

Miche

Michelle Campbell
michelle.campbell@stonebow.otago.ac.nz
MY opinions, NOT theirs!
"If I had been around when Rubens was painting,
I would have been revered as a fabulous model.
Kate Moss?  Well, she would have been the
paintbrush..."
  - Dawn French