Re: bread-bakers-digest V6 #35

sparky@ftp.netgate.net (Sally Eisenberg)
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 09:49:08 -0700
v006.n036.20
>  >Can anyone post or email me some vegan bread recipes? This would mean (for
>those who don't know) no milk, eggs, or any other animal by product. My
>friend also does not want sugar in the bread. Any suggestions would be
>helpful!!
>		Thanks
>	Julia ba903@FreeNet.Carleton.CA

This bread you can leave out the margarine, by replacing it with Wonderslim.
This is made with prunes mostly. Wonderslim is a fat replacement. The egg
can be replaced by useing more water, licqued for
licqued. As for the brown sugar just leave it out, I have done this with
other bread recipes and had no problem. I don't like to use a lot of sugar
in any of my recipes.
I hope you can use this recipe with the changes that can be made . Don't be
scared
to experiment.

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                            Sweet Potato Bread

Recipe By     : Donna German
Categories    : Bread Machine

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
     2/3  cup           sweet potato -- cooked,yam
   1      large         egg
                        water
     3/4  teaspoon      salt
     1/3  teaspoon      cinnamon
     1/4  teaspoon      nutmeg
     1/4  teaspoon      allspice
     1/3  cup           whole wheat flour
   1 2/3  cups          bread flour
   1      teaspoon      yeast
   1 1/2  teaspoons     margarine
   1 1/2  tablespoons   brown sugar
   3      Tablespoons   gluten flour

 Sweet potato, egg and water should equal 1 cup.

Wonderslim can replace the margaine,to reduce fat. Egg Beaters can be
used to replace the egg.

The egg or Egg Beaters could be replaced with more water as long as 1 cup
of wet ingredients is used.

NOTES : Makes a  1 lb loaf. This is a very high rising bread.
Lou&Sally Eisenberg
sparky@netgate.net