dense bread

sparky@ftp.netgate.net (Sally Eisenberg)
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 08:18:52 -0700
v006.n036.21
Hi All,
 I'm new to the list.

About the dense bread, I have  a Zojirushi Home Bakery  bread machine. I
have three freinds who measure the bread flour by volume as well as myself.
We use gluten flour in our recipes. We use 3 Tablespoons no matter what size
loaf of bread we are making. My bread is no longer dense. Also when
measuring the bread flour into a measuring cup use a large spoon or a scoop
to ladle the flour into the cup, this keeps the flour from being compacteded
which can make the bread dense also. I also use
Fleischmann's Bread Machine Yeast, found in the flour isle of the groery store.
Once you open the jar you refrigerate it. Hope this will help with the
heavey bread problem.

                   *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                      Tangy Buttermilk Cheese Bread

Recipe By     : Rehberg & Conway
Categories    : Bread Machine

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
     7/8  cup           water
   2      oz            cheddar cheese extra sharp -- shredded
   1      teaspoon      salt
   2      cups          bread flour
   3      Tablespoons   dry buttermilk
     1/2  teaspoon      yeast
   3      Tablespoons   gluten flour

Follow the instructions of your bread machine as to how the ingredients
are to be placed in the pan.

Makes a 1 lb loaf.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : Dry buttermilk can be found in the baking section .
       I have left out the cheese when making this bread and it is still
       very good. I did have to add a little more flour at the time the
       bread is kneading. If it looks to sticky just add about 1/2 a
       teaspoon.

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                            V-8 Bread     <ST>

Recipe By     : Garrett,Great Bread Machines
Categories    : Bread Machine

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
   5      ounces        V-8® vegetable juice
   2      Tablespoons   water -- warmed
     1/2  teaspoon      garlic salt
   1      Tablespoon    sugar
     1/2  teaspoon      garlic powder
     1/2  teaspoon      dried onions
   1 1/2  teaspoons     Italian seasoning
   1 1/2  Tablespoons   Parmesan cheese
   2      cups          bread flour
   1 1/2  teaspoons     active dry yeast
   3      Tablespoons   gluten flour

NOTES : Make according to your bread machine instructions.

       makes a 1 lb loaf.
Lou&Sally Eisenberg
sparky@netgate.net