Re: bread-bakers-digest V6 #43

michael.niemann@mail.cc.trincoll.edu (Michael Niemann)
Mon, 23 Oct 1995 08:42:47 -0500
v006.n044.3

>From: charyk@inforamp.net (Field of Roses)
>Date: Wed, 18 Oct 1995 17:32:51 -0500
>Subject: Using machines in Europe
>
>I recently bought a Black and Decker bread machine (Series 1550) for a friend.
>She has now learned she will be returning to Germany and wonders if the
>machine will work there with an adapter. We have received conflicting
>opinions from B and D. Does anyone have knowledge of the success of voltage
>conversion for the bread machine?
>
>Thank you.
>Linda

Linda,

when looking for a converter you must pay attention to the wattage the
converter can handle.  Look at your bread machine to see how many watts it
draws (that information should be on a label somwhere near where the power
cord enters the housing.  As far as I remember, there are two types of
travel adapters easily available.  One will handle 50 watts so that one
would not be good for you and the other type will handle 1000 watts.  Since
I don't know what the wattage of the bread machine is, I can't tell you if
1000 watts is enough, but if it is less than 1000 watts, that converter
should do the trick.

Good luck

Michael