Pumpkin-nut bread

Gerard_Mcmahon@ftdetrck-ccmail.army.mil
Mon, 20 Nov 95 10:19:35 EST
v006.n049.19
     Hi all,

     Busy, busy, busy.

     I made this pumpkin nut bread last Saturday to take to Mom's for T'day
     but I'll be making another loaf for them because this is so good it
     will be gone.

     The buckwheat recipe is an adaptation of the Lora Brody basic wheat
     bread.

     Gerry

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                            Pumpkin Nut Bread

Recipe By     : Fleischmann's Bread Machine Favorites
Serving Size  : 12   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Fleischmann's                    Machine
                Yeast

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
     3/4  cup           pumpkin pie filling
     1/3  cup           milk, skim
   1      large         egg
   1      tablespoon    butter
   1      teaspoon      salt
   2 1/3  cups          bread flour
     2/3  cup           flour, whole-grain wheat
   3      tablespoons   brown sugar, packed
   2      tablespoons   vital wheat gluten -- my add
   1      teaspoon      pumpkin pie spice
   2      teaspoons     yeast

Add ingredients to the machine in the order listed.  Select white bread and
press start.

Excellent rise, tasty light and airy.

21.3%cff as written - leave out the nuts and it is 10.3%cff

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                       Buckwheat Whole Wheat Bread

Recipe By     : Gerry's adaptation
Serving Size  : 16   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Machine                          Yeast
                Lora Brody                       Wheat

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
   3      tablespoons   nonfat dry milk powder
     1/3  cup           honey
   1 1/3  cups          water
   2      tablespoons   butter -- room temp
   1 1/2  teaspoons     salt
   2      cups          flour, whole-grain wheat
   1      cup           buckwheat flour
     1/2  cup           flour, all-purpose, unbleached
     1/3  cup           corn meal, yellow
   2      tablespoons   vital wheat gluten
   2 1/2  teaspoons     yeast

Place in the machine in the order listed.  Program for basic white bread and
press start.

A very flavorful loaf. Dense and compact. Excellent!

12.5% cff