Re: Yeast-free breads

jvandenb@mail.wincom.net
Sat, 23 Dec 1995 09:35:23 -0500
v006.n055.13
Jeanne...

Here's a recipe for whole wheat bread reciped from Jean Pare's Company's Coming
Muffins & More Cookbook that may interest you.  I don't think you can do it
in a
breadmaker though.  Enjoy.

Janine

Whole Wheat Bread

	2 c whole wheat flour
	1 c all purpose flour
	1/4 c granulated sugar
	2 tsp baking powder
	1 tsp baking soda
	1 tsp salt
	1 1/2 c buttermilk or sour milk
	1/4 c molasses
	1/4 c cooking oil

In large bowl combine all six dry ingredients.  Stir to combine thoroughly.
Make a well in the center.

In a small bowl put buttermilk, molasses and oil.  Stir until molasses has
thinned and mixed in.  Pour into well.  Stir just enough to combine.  Turn into
greased loaf pan 9 x 5 x 3 inch. Bake in 350 F (180 C) oven for 40 - 50
minutes.
 Remove from pan to cool.  Serve with butter

Graham Bread: use graham flour instead of whole wheat.