bread questions

LoisCon@aol.com
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 00:03:12 -0500
v006.n055.16
Larry asked if he need to use "bread flour"  if you add the vital wheat
gluten to the all-purpose flour Larry, you can use the all-purpose flour.
LoisCon@AOL.com

Reid Furniss asked if there was a formula to convert real recipes to bread
machine. Reid, we have a formula in our book, The Bread Machine Magic Book of
Helpful Hints, page 120-121 of the new edition. It's just too long to copy
here. LoisCon@AOL.com

Jeanne asked for recipes for yeast-free breads. Try the book Easy Bread
Making for Special Diets, Nicolette Dumke. published by Allergy Adapt, (303)
666-8253

OK for all of you who have asked here is that INCOMPLETE Schlotsky's Rolls
recipe. If you can finish it, please let me know...
                        SCHLOTSKY'S ROLLS

INCOMPLETE...

1 cup milk, scalded
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup margarine
1 teaspoon salt
1 package dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
4 cups flour
1 large egg
1/2 teaspoon baking soda added to the warm milk.............and that's all I
have. If anyone can finish please let me know. LoisCon@AOL.com

Also Bread Machine Baking for Better Health
(delicious bread Recipes for Brimming Good Health)
by Maureen B. Keane and Daniella Chase
Prima Publishing
P.O. Box 1260BK
Rocklin, CA 95677
(916) 786-0426

"The Gluten-Free Gourmet" by Betty Hagman. It is published by Henry Holt. The
ISBN for your bookstore is 0-8050-1835-2. She has written a second book,
"More from the Gluten-Free Gourmet"
Hope these titles help you. LoisCon @AOL.com

Bill F. is having trouble with burnt breads.Try taking them out  10 minutes
earlier..they are probably done anyway if they are "dry". If you can cut some
of the sugar, or honey that may help too. Sweeter breads tend to come out
darker. LoisCon @AOL.com

To Cindy with the Hitachi problems..have you tried warming your ingredients
more?? LoisCon@AOL.com