Re: bread-bakers-digest V6 #54

Blanche007@aol.com
Tue, 2 Jan 1996 00:23:05 -0500
v006.n056.6
re vital wheat gluten: Larry, too much gluten in your dough will cause your
bread to be dry and tough.  Don't use both extra gluten and high gluten
flour.  I love King Arthur Flour  -  can you get it where you live?  If not,
look for a flour that has between 12 and 14 grams of protein per cup (check
the panal on the package - the measurments are usually per 1/4 cup).  Don't
forget that whole wheat and other "dark" flours have less gluten than white.
 Rye flour is extremely low in gluten.  Have you tried either the King Arthur
"Special" or my product, Lotra Brody's Bread Dough Enhancer?