Italian Cracked Wheat And Pepper Bread +

Thu, 04 Jan 1996 21:42:17 -0800
v006.n056.14
The first is the original recipe...the second is my version.  I must say ...
mine is really tasty also!!

Reggie

                   *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                  Italian Cracked Wheat And Pepper Bread

Recipe By     : The Best Bread Machine Cookbook Ever, Madge Rosenberg
Serving Size  : 16   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Low Fat

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
                        1 1/2 Lb Loaf: -- (1 lb loaf:)
   2 1/4  Tsp           Active Dry Yeast -- (1 1/2 t)
   2 1/2  C             Bread Flour -- (1 2/3 C)
     3/4  C             Cracked Wheat -- (1/2 C)
   1 1/2  Tbsp          Sugar -- (1 T)
   3      Tbsp          Wheat Germ -- T)
     3/4  Tsp           Black Pepper -- coarsely cracked,
                         -- (1/2 t)
   1 1/2  tsp           Salt -- (1 t)
   1 1/2  tbsp          Olive Oil -- (1 T)
   1 1/2  C             Water -- (3/4 C + 2 T)

Minestrone and vegetable soup taste even better with this spicy, crunchy
bread,and it can make a fried egg sandwich a whole new experience.  Toast
slices and use as a base for eggs Benedict or rub with olive oil, cut into
fingers, toast, and you will have a rustic, portable hors d'oeuvre.

Add all ingredients in the order suggested by your bread machine manual
and process on the basic bread cycle according to the manufacturer's
directions.  Let the loaf cool before slicing.

Entered into MasterCook II by Reggie Dwork  reggie@jeff-and-reggie.com

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

          Reggie's Version Of Italian Cracked Wheat Bread <R T>

Recipe By     : modified from The Best Bread Machine Cookbook Ever
Serving Size  : 16   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Italian
                Low Fat

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
                        1 1/2 Lb Loaf: -- (1 lb loaf:)
   2 1/4  Tsp           Active Dry Yeast -- (1 1/2 t)
   2 1/2  C             Bread Flour -- (1 2/3 C)
     3/4  C             Cracked Wheat -- (1/2 C)
   1 1/2  Tbsp          Sugar -- (1 T)
   1 1/2  Tsp           Salt -- (1 t)
   1      Tbsp          Olive Oil -- (2 t)
   1 1/4  C             Water -- (3/4 C + 2 T)

Since I can't eat anything with pepper in it this is my version of this
bread.  I must say that it was EXCELLENT - even though I didn't have any
wheat germ to add (original recipe calls for wheat germ 3 T (2 T).

The next time I made this (the next day) I tossed in some toasted sesame
seeds and it was really good.

Entered into MasterCook II and tested for you by Reggie Dwork
reggie@jeff-and-reggie.com