Greetings and Questions/ABM

"Butts, Diane" <dbutts@usia.gov>
Thu, 11 Jan 96 7:38:47 -0500
v006.n057.12
Hello everyone....  I'm new to the list and am enjoying it already.  I
received a Breadman Plus  machine for Christmas and have gotten mixed
results.   I also received a Pizza Stone so the first dough I tried was
pizza crust.  It has turned out great, due in part I'm sure to the
stone......

I also tried a Pineapple Coconut bread with cream cheese.  I got the
recipe from a bread machine cookbook, which called for baking it on the
"regular" cycle but I used the dough cycle and re-shaped it for a loaf
pan and baked it in the oven.  It also turned out very nicely.

Now for my problem that I'm hoping you all can help me with.....
Whenever I make the dough for rolls, it seems to do fine until I bake
them.  Although they are soft inside, the outside is too hard and the
next day, almost inedible.  What am I doing wrong???  I usually put the
dough in the oven to rise [warmed to 250 degrees, then turned off] with a
towel over the bread in the muffin tins.  Perhaps the oven rising is the
problem.  Please help.  I'd appreciate a private reply in addition to the
list. thanks.
Diane Butts
phone:  202-501-7117
fax:       202-501-6093