[none]

gourmet@mail.utexas.edu
Mon, 08 Jan 1996 13:15:06 -0500
v006.n057.13
First of all, a belated thank you to everyone who was so helpful during my
recipe "crisis."  Fortunately, I was even luckier (chalk it up to dumb luck)
than I thought.  I don't remember when or why, but I obviously made an
export file of all the recipes that I had in Mastercook not too long before
the end of the year.  While I was cleaning off the hard drive this week, I
lucked onto them.

As partial repayment for everyone's help, I'm enclosing two recipes from the
order form that several of you asked me about a while ago.  (In addition to
cleaning the hard drive, we're doing some major house cleaning as well, and
I finally came across this today.) For those of you who asked me for the
address, here it is:

Robert Linn
P.O. Box 2586
Edmund, OK 73083-2586
(800) 800-8520/(405) 359-9596

We have bought several knives from him, for ourselves and gifts.  We are
very happy with them; in our opinion, they are the best we've seen.  As
always, standard disclaimer applies.  YMMV.

Thanks again, everyone.

Cindy

P.S.  Sorry about the confusing directions for Karen's Egg Bread.  It is
taken pretty much word-for-word from the order form.

                   *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                            Karen's Egg Bread

Recipe By     : Appalachian Bow Bread Knife Order Form
Serving Size  : 40   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Breads, Yeast

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
   2      pkg           Yeast
   1      tsp           Sugar
     1/2  cup           Water -- warm
   3      Tbsp          Oil
     3/4  cup           Sugar
   1      Tbsp          Salt
   3                    Eggs
  10      cups          Flour -- or as little as 8 c
   1                    Egg White
                        Sesame Seeds

Add yeast mixture to above.  Add 3 cups water.  Add flour.  Knead, let rise
twice, ro.l out into four loaves.  Brush with egg white.  Sprinkle with
sesame seeds.  Let rise.

Bake 30 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                           Mama's Monkey Bread

Recipe By     : Appalachian Bow Bread Knife Order Form
Serving Size  : 40   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Breads, Yeast

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
   1      qt            Milk
     1/4  cup           Sugar
   4      tsp           Salt
   2      Tbsp          Shortening
   1      pkg           Yeast
     1/4  cup           Water -- warm
  12      cups          Flour -- or less, as needed
     3/4  lb            Butter -- melted, more as need

Scald milk; add sugar, salt, and shortening.

Cool mixture to lukewarm; add yeast that has been softened in warm water.

Sift flour; use as much as needed to make dough stiff enough to handle.  Add
flour gradually -- knead until smooth and satiny.

Shape into 4 loaves, brush witha little melted butter, let rise.

Cut loaves into thick slices, dip into melted butter, place in pan, and let
rise again.

Bake in hot oven (400-425 degrees F) until golden and crusty, about 40 minutes.