Assorted subjects

Fri, 12 Jan 1996 16:23:17 -0800
v006.n057.14
Hi everyone,
I have a few things I wanted to share with you.

I recently had need to replace my ZO baking pan (the seal was giving out on
the bottom so it started to leak).  I called Irwin of Delta Rehab and he
sold me a new baking pan for a really excellent price...lower then ZO offers
it.  I also decided to buy a Miracle Mill and spoke with him about that.  So
he sent them to me.  When the box arrived I got really excited and got the 2
items out and decided to make a loaf of bread.  I got all the ingredients
into the baking pan and put it in the machine.  After the warm up cycle,
when the knead started...the pan popped out of the machine.  I thought I had
not seated it properly.  So I stopped the machine.  This happened a couple
of times.  By then I was pretty frustrated.  I ended up dumping the
ingredients.  I called Irwin and he was soooo incredibly helpful.  I
explained the problem to him and he knew right away what was wrong.  The
wrong baking pan was sent to me.  He was sooooo sorry and apologetic.  He
overnite shipped the correct pan to me and I returned the incorrect one to
him.  Well, the next day I decided to crack some wheatberries in the Miracle
Mill.  Let me tell you, it was quiet, quick and really worked better then I
could have ever guessed.  I am really happy that Irwin makes these products
available to everyone and at such great prices and that he stands behind his
products.  I highly recommend him if you have need of his services and/or
products.

Next, we have more then 1800 subscribers on list now.  This is up from 1200
when we took the list over on June 27, 1995!!  I am really happy how this
continues to grow and for all the wonderful help and knowledge that all of
you so willingly share with each other.

Now, I know many of you have written to me about getting back issues of bbd.
I am very busy getting it cleaned up and archived.  It will be ready pretty
soon.  I will post a notice when it is up and how you can access it.

I pulled a recipe out of one of the back issues and wanted to re-share it
with all of you...it is wonderful!!  And it smelled heavenly while it was
baking.

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                     Apple Cider Cinnamon Bread <R T>

Recipe By     : bread-bakers-digest archive
Serving Size  : 16   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Low Fat

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
                        1 1/2 Lb Loaf:
   2 1/4  Tsp           Active Dry Yeast
   3      C             Bread Flour
   1      Tsp           Cinnamon
   2      Tbsp          Brown Sugar
   1      Tbsp          Wonderslim -- *see NOTE
   1      Tsp           Salt
   1 1/4  C             Apple Cider -- or applejuice

*NOTE:  The original recipe used 2 T butter.

Put in bread baking pan per manufacturer's directions and bake.  I used
light crust.

This is FABULOUS!!

Entered into MasterCook II and tested for you by Reggie Dwork
<reggie@jeff-and-reggie.com>

NOTES : Cal  108.7
       Fat  0.5g
       Carbs  22.4g