Soft Pumpernickle bread

Gerard_Mcmahon@ftdetrck-ccmail.army.mil
Tue, 23 Jan 96 11:32:00 EST
v006.n060.29
     Hi all,

     I tried this recipe last week and got a very short but rather tasty
     loaf.  So I tried it again this week.  I added 2 T of vital wheat
     gluten and upped the yeast to 1T but near the end of the 2nd rise it
     didn't look like it was going to get up again.  So I took it out of
     the ABM and put it in a pan to rise for about 35 min longer, then
     baked it for 35 min at 350.  The loaf rose nicely out of the pan
     during the bake and yeilded another very tasty loaf.  It may have been
     o.k. if I'd left it alone in the BM.

     Gerry

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                         Soft Pumpernickle Bread

Recipe By     : Norman Garrett  - Quick & Delicious BM Recipes
Serving Size  : 12   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Machine                          Norman Garrett
                Yeast                            Zo

- --------  ------------  --------------------------------
   1      Cup           water -- 110 degrees
   3      tablespoons   honey
   1 1/2  tablespoons   molasses
   1      tablespoon    butter
   2      teaspoons     salt
     3/4  cup           rye flour
   1 1/2  cups          bread flour
     3/4  cup           wheat flour, whole-grain
   2      teaspoons     yeast

Add ingredients to machine in order listed.  Select white bread and
press start.