Re: bread-bakers-digest V6 #65

vegasjb@ix.netcom.com (John and Marcia Bean )
Sun, 4 Feb 1996 09:49:48 -0800
v006.n067.9
With regard to yeast:

I also buy the bulk from Sam's club and always have
good results. I have a Magic Mill wheat grinder and grind my own whole
wheat and rye flours. I purchased it over 12 years ago and it works as
well as the day I purchased it.I have had several bread machines over
the years and I have found that for good results I always do it by
touch as the bread mixes I feel and add more water or flour as needed,
and I never have problems with poor quality bread.In place of oil in my
breads I use apple sauce if on hand but I have also thrown in half a
ripe banana and many other kinds of fruit.I made my bread by hand for
fifteen years before I bought my first bread machine and I must say I
would never go back to hand mixing.