Desem Bread

Paula Countryman <paulac@on-ramp.ior.com>
Sun, 4 Feb 96 10:13 PST
v006.n067.10
I am new to this list and I am looking for people who have baked or are
baking Desem bread as outlined in Laurel's Kitchen Bread Book.  It is a
naturally levened whole wheat bread, with the only ingredients being the
starter, whole wheat flour, salt and water.  I'd like to hear from others
who have started this baking adventure.  Also, does anyone know about
using a grind of whole wheat flour called unifine?  I am wondering if it
is as nutritionally sound as regular whole wheat flour.  I grind my own
flour using my kitchenaid grain mill, but have recently started using
this unifine whole wheat flour - it turns out  beautiful loaves of bread.

Thanks,

Paula Countryman
paulac@on-ramp.ior.com