Hops bread

Kay Klier <klier@fern.com>
Tue, 20 Feb 1996 12:54:41 -0800 (PST)
v006.n074.10
While enjoying some excellent breads in restaurants this weekend, we
started talking about favorite breads.  Steve mentioned "hops bread"
a bread made by lots of bakeries in Trinidad, where he grew up.  Says
he thinks it doesn't have anything to do with the plant hops (used for
beer flavoring)-- it was a small, round loaf of rather crusty white
bread, perhaps 6" in diameter.  Seems to have some relationship to
french or italian yeast breads, but has a finer grain than most.

Anyone have a recipe?  Or a method?    Or should I just tell him he
needs to send me down to the islands to learn how properly?  ;-)

- ----
Kay Klier   klier@fern.com