English Muffin Bread recipe

Fri, 03 May 1996 22:32:45 -0700
v096.n010.3
Here is another bread recipe that Jeff and I really enjoy...

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                  English Muffin Bread - Kalagher <R T>

Recipe By     : bread machine mailing list
Serving Size  : 15   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Fatfree

   2      Tsp           Active Dry Yeast
   3      C             Bread Flour
   3      Tbsp          Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
     1/4  Tsp           Baking Powder
   1      Tsp           Salt
   2      Tsp           Sugar
   1 1/4  C             Hot Water

In one of the previous digests, someone mentioned an ad for "The Bread
Machine Cookbook" from Simmer Pot Press in NC.  I sent for the book
and got it in a week or so.  I have tried a half dozen recipies so
far and can report that it is excellent.  Unlike the DAK recipies, these
seem to always come out excellent and just as described.  I have
the Wellbuilt glass domed R2D2 machine (the same as the DAK.
Here is my favorite so far.  This bread is great toasted with a little
marmalade on it.  Makes a great no-fat breakfast.  If you like this,
buy the book because there appear to be many more like it.

The bread will have a flat or slightly concave top and a wonderful texture.
If you are around during the final rising, sprinkle a little yellow cornmeal
on the top for a nice touch.

dick Kalagher
>From: Dick Kalagher <kalagher@mwunix.mitre.org>

This is REALLY good!!