Simple Oatmeal Bread recipe

Fri, 03 May 1996 22:22:29 -0700
v096.n010.2
Phyllis - I am always interested in bread recipes...please post the one from
COOK'S ILLUSTRATED you refered to.  I accept any and all bread recipes.

Here is one from Lora Brody's Bread Machine Baking Perfect Every Time...

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                        Simple Oatmeal Bread <R T>

Recipe By     : Bread Machine Baking Perfect Every Time
Serving Size  : 16   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Bread Machine                    Grains
                Low Fat

     3/4  C             Water -- Plus
   3      Tbsp          Water
   1      Tbsp          Butter Or Margarine -- Or Veg Oil, *Note
   1      Tbsp          Molasses
   1      Tbsp          Brown Sugar
   1      Tsp           Salt
     3/4  C             Quick-Cooking Oats
   2 1/2  C             White Flour -- Unbleached
   2      Tsp           Yeast

By Laura Brody and Millie Apter, ISBN 0-688-14565-5, William Morrow and Co.
publishers.

*NOTE: I omitted the fat completely.

I used the recipe for the Large Zojirushi and it included the Large
Pillsbury and West Bend machines in this recipe.

Place all the ingredients in the machine, program for Basic White Bread,
Whole Wheat, Basic Wheat, Whole Wheat/Multigrain, White/WholeGrain, or
Wheat, and press Start or On.

This was very good.  Excellent crumb.

Entered into MasterCook and tested for you by Reggie Dwork   reggie@jeff-and-reggie.com