Re: KitchenAid 4.5 or 5 qt model?

Bonnie Fulmer <GBF1@MARISTB.MARIST.EDU>
Sun, 05 May 1996 18:34:58 EDT
v096.n011.12
Dear Bread Experts:
     I'm sorry to do this because I hate repeat discussions, but
I'm not having much luck searching my saved Bread Digest files.
Mother's Day is coming up, and my mom would like a new mixer.
I remember a discussion here a while back about which Kitchenaid
mixer was better: the 4.5 quart or the 5 quart models.  I'm
looking at the 4.5 quart Ultra Power mixer for $200, but wonder
if I shouldn't go for the 5 quart model.  Is it really worth an
additional $100?  (ACK!)  My mom likes to bake cakes (2 a week,
maybe), and has taken a few cake decorating courses, but she's not
a professional.  Should I spring for $300 for the 5 quart mixer
and hope she leaves it to me in her will, or will the $200
4.5 quart model meet most cooks' needs?
     Thanks for your patience with this repeat.  Please e-mail
me directly, so the rest of the list doesn't have to suffer the
re-run answers.  And have a happy Mother's Day, whether you
ARE one, or not!

                         Bonnie Fulmer
                         Rhinebeck, NY   12572
                         gbf1@maristb.marist.edu