Great Harvest Honey Whole Wheat

YDTQ79A@prodigy.com (MRS CONNIE L FOX-BRUNO)
Fri, 20 Sep 1996 13:40:44, -0500
v096.n042.12
-- [ From: Connie L. Fox-Bruno * EMC.Ver #2.5.1 ] --

Maybe someone has already asked about this, but yesterday I bought a
loaf of bread at Great Harvest Bread Company.  It was a honey whole
wheat loaf, and it was great!  The only ingredients are:  Freshly ground
100% whole wheat, water, honey, yeast, and salt.  No fats and no
enriched all-purpose flour, no gluten, etc., were used to achieve this
delicous, nicely textured, LIGHT loaf!  My question is, does anyone have
any secrets to achieving similar results at home?  I would love to be
able to make a light loaf like that, but all my 100% whole wheat loaves
turn out like whole wheat bricks, even though I've tried extra kneading,
double rising, and specialty flours (like King Arthur's Stone Ground
Whole Wheat).  They are definetly not a treat  to eat!  If you know how
to do this, please help this frustrated whole wheat bread baker wannabe!
 Thanks.  Connie