squaw breads

PMCiesla@aol.com
Sun, 6 Oct 1996 17:36:23 -0400
v096.n047.11
For the person who wanted "Squaw Bread", I found two "Squaw bread" recipes.

---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: Squaw Bread
 Categories: B/m, Breads
      Yield: 16 Servings

           1 1/2 POUND LOAF
    5/8 c  Milk
    5/8 c  -Water; (for Welbilt/Dak
           -machines add 2 TB. more
           -water)
      2 tb Oil
  1 1/2 tb Honey
      2 tb Raisins
      2 tb Brown sugar
  1 1/2 c  Bread flour
  1 1/4 c  Whole wheat flour
    3/4 c  Rye flour
      1 ts -Salt
      2 ts Red Star active dry yeast
           -for 1 1/2 lb. Panasonic/
           -National machines use 4 1/2
           -tsp. yeast

  In a blender, liquefy the milk, water, oil, honey, raisins, and brown
  sugar on high speed.  Combine mixture with rest of ingredients in
  bread pan, select Light Crust setting, and press Start.

  After the baking cycle ends, remove bread from pan, place on cake
  rack, and allow to cool 1 hour before slicing.

  Source:  "Bread Machine Magic" by Linda Rehberg and Lois Conway who
  say: "We always enjoy this sweet whole wheat and rye bread that's
  often served in restaurants.  Try it toasted for a snack."