Re: fall recipes

charles moffat <moffats@usaor.net>
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 13:25:13 -0400
v096.n048.1
Someone asked for our favorite fall bread recipes. Here are several that we
enjoy.  Lavon

 These are wonderful for chili. My son like being able to eat his bowl. :)

                  *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                      Crusty Home-Style Bread Bowls

Recipe By     : Gold Medal Bread Machine Recipes
Categories    : Breads

   1      cup           water
   2 3/4  cups          bread flour
   1      tablespoon    sugar
   1      teaspoon      salt
   1 1/2  teaspoons     yeast
   1      large         egg yolk
   1      tablespoon    water

Add water, flour, sugar, salt & yeast to the bread machine pan.
Select dough cycle.  After machine beeps, divide dough into 6
equal pieces. Pat or roll each piece into a 7 inch circle on a lightly
floured surface.

Grease outsides of six 10 ounce custard cups. Place cups upside
down on an ungreased cookie sheet. Shape each circle over
outsides of cups.(Don't allow dough to curl under edges of cups.)
Cover & let rise in a warm place 15 - 20 minutes or until slightly
puffy.

Preheat oven to 375F. Mix egg yolk & 1 tbsp water; brush gently
over bread bowls. Bake 18 - 22 minutes or until golden brown.
Carefully lift bread bowls from custard cups. Cool bread bowls
upright on wire rack.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I like making this occasionally for a change of pace. The cheese gives it
a great flavor. It's nice to serve with stews or soups. Lowfat or nonfat cheese
can be substituted.

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                      Tangy Buttermilk Cheese Bread

Recipe By     : Bread Machine Magic by Linda Rehberg & Lois Conway
Categories    : Breads

   1 1/8  cups          1/2% lowfat buttermilk
   3      cups          bread flour
   1 1/2  teaspoons     salt
   1 1/2  tablespoons   sugar
     3/4  cup           grated extra sharp cheddar cheese
   1 1/2  teaspoons     yeast

Place all ingredients in bread pan & select Light setting. Allow
bread to cool 1 hour before slicing.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : For Welbilt machine, use an additional 2 tbsp buttermilk &
1/2 tsp yeast.

Another change of pace for dinner. This one smells wonderful!

                    *  Exported from  MasterCook II  *

                             Onion Soup Bread

Recipe By     : Bread Machine Magic by Linda Rehberg & Lois Conway
Categories    : Breads

     1/4  cup           milk
     1/4  cup           water
   1      large         egg
     1/2  cup           sour cream
   3      cups          bread flour
   1      tablespoon    butter or margarine
   1      tablespoon    sugar
   2 1/2  tablespoons   dry onion soup mix
   1 1/2  teaspoons     yeast

Place all ingredients in bread pan & select Light crust.

NOTES : Egg substitute & nonfat sour cream can be used.

For Welbilt machines, increase water by 2 tbsp & yeast by 1/2 tsp.