Re; Oct 13 "Sue Ann" fatfree bread

rsimpson@primeline.net (bob simpson)
Sat, 2 Nov 1996 20:48:19 -0500
v096.n053.6
>On Oct 13  "Sue Ann" wrote
>
 >I really want my bread fat-free so adding fat is not an option I can
>choose... The recipe I used was one for basic bread - it consisted of
>flour, water and salt. I've also tried making pastry, pancakes and burger
>patties, but _always_ the centre is not cooked yet it is almost burnt on
>the outside. Does anybody have a fat-free solution they can share?

This is the recipe that I use. I make the dough in the breadmaker . It has a really nice taste , my family loves it.
1 1/2cups water
1 tbsp. sugar
1 1/4 tsp. salt
3 2/3 cups bread flour
1 1/4 tsp. yeast
Roll into a 10"X8" rectangle. Beginning at long end, roll up tightly as for jelly roll. pinch seams and ends to seal. Taper ends by gently rolling back and forth.
  Place loaf, seam side down, on a greased baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal(optional). Lightly brush with oil. Cover and let rise in warm, draft-free place until double in size, 20-30 minutes. With a sharp knife make 3 or 4 diagonal cuts about 1/4 inch deep across the top of loaf. Lightly beat egg white and 1 tablespoon water; brush some of the egg white mixture over top of loaf. Bake at 350 F.for 20 min. Brush again with remaining egg white mixture.
  Bake 5 to 10 min. more or until done. Bread should sound hollow when tapped. Remove the bread from the sheet; cool on a wire rack.

I have a Black and Decker (B1550 series bread maker) and this is the recipe that came in the book with the machine.