REC: Cranberry Pumpkin Bread

"Natalie Frankel" <Natalie.Frankel@mixcom.com>
Sat, 9 Nov 1996 09:33:52 -0600 (CST)
v096.n054.12
I don't like to post recipes until I've tried them, but I won't have a
chance to try this before Thanksgiving.  It comes highly recommended, so
here you are.

CRANBERRY PUMPKIN BREAD

Makes 2 loaves, 16 servings each

3 1/2   cups flour
1       cup packed brown sugar
2       teaspoons baking soda
1       teaspoon baking powder
        dash salt
1       teaspoon cinnamon
1/2     teaspoon ground cloves
1       cup egg substitute or egg whites
1       can whole berry cranberry sauce
1       can pumpkin
1/3     cup applesauce applesauce
1       tablespoon grated orange peel
2       tablespoons chopped nuts, optional

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.  Spray two loaf pans with vegetable spray.

Mix flour, brown sugar and spices in large bowl.  In another, mix together
all but nuts until well blended.  Stir into flour mixture until moistened.
Pour into pans and sprinkle with nuts, if desired.

Bake 55-60 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.  Cool 10 minutes,
then remove from pan.

Per slice:
Cal      97
Fat      1.3g