Mexican Sunset Bread

BunnyMama@aol.com
Tue, 12 Nov 1996 12:30:30 -0500
v096.n056.14
Can't remember if I've already posted this recipe, but it's a good one.  It's
a perfect recipe for me because I always start cooking before I checks my
available ingredients.  It stands up to a lot of substituting and eliminating
and (almost always) turns out great. (Actually it always *tastes* great even
though it sometimes doesn't look so terrific.)  Hope you enjoy it as much as
we do.

Sharon

P.S.  Thanks for all the wonderful bread roll recipes.  A long, cold winter
is fast-approaching here in Minnesota, so I'll have plenty of dark days to
brighten up with soups, stews and good baked stuff!

Mexican Sunset Bread
Yield: 1 large loaf

3/4    cup water
3 1/3  cups white bread flour
1 1/2  tablespoons sugar
1      teaspoon salt
2 1/2  tablespoons taco seasoning mix
3      tablespoons chunky salsa
1/2    cup sour cream
3      tablespoons cilantro
1 1/2  teaspoons fast-rising yeast

Follow bread machine manufacturer's instructions. For best results, use fresh
cilantro and thick, chunky salsa, draining any thin, watery liquid before
using.

NOTES:  I don't like cilantro, so I've either eliminated it altogether or
substituted  garlic (powder or fresh) which I love.  When I didn't have sour
cream, I've used 'tater topping' products or cottage cheese.  When I ran out
of taco seasoning, I made up my own combination of chili powder, cumin,
garlic powder, salt and pepper.
substitute for taco seasoning.  I always have salsa, but occasionally I've
had to supplement it with a tablespoon of canned (drained) tomatoes or a bit
of chopped onion or green pepper.