Re: Digest bread-bakers.v096.n063

Patty Perkins <Pperkins@cris.com>
Sun, 08 Dec 1996 11:18:06 -0800
v096.n065.10

> I would like to know if anyone has successfully scaled bread machine
> recipes using Master Cook?  I tried scaling the Electric Bread recipe for
> Easy French from 1# to 1.5#.    I scaled by entering the 1# loaf as 4
> servings and scaling to 6 servings for the 1.5# loaf.  I then compared to
> the recipe for the 1.5# loaf in the book and it was not the same.  Any
> suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Marcia Fasy

I don't think it's quite that easy.  You'll find that adjustments on the
flour and liquids will change, but other things like yeast may stay the
same as for a smaller loaf.  One thing I did was invest in one of Lora
Brody's cookbooks, which show recipes altered for the various different
ABM's.  In addition to the wonderful recipes, I use it as a great guide
in altering other recipes I come across.  If you want to share which type
of machine you have (and size) in addition to the 1# recipe you're trying
to alter, I'd be happy to see what comes close in my books that could
give you a start.  I know it's not as easy as doing other recipes like
you indicated above, though (if only . . . .)

Patty