fat free abm breads

LIR119@delphi.com
Tue, 17 Dec 1996 06:38:36 -0500 (EST)
v096.n067.18
Just wanted to share this very nice abm breads cookbook I havent seen to
frequently avialable. The recipes I tried came out very nice.
Many of the recipes use egg substitute, applesauce, skim milk, fat free or
low fat margarine etc. Texture is nice .Not as tall or fluffy as "fat breads"
but still moist and most agreeable

FAT FREE LIVING COOKBOOK 4
BREADS
C1996 by Fat Free Living  Inc.
author Jyl Steinback
For more info call : 6029966300  ( Scottsdale Arizona, USA )

Here are I few I tried and enjoyed very much.
They are for 1 1/2 lbs although the author lists also 1 lb recipes.
All recipes are 1 gm fat or lower per serving
I found with any recipe you may have to a bit more or less flour/liquid
ratio to achieve the correct texture.

CRANBERRY BREAD
2 tsp yeast
3/4 tsp salt
2 tbs sugar
2 tbs nonfat dry milk powder
3 1/4 cup bread flour
1/2 cup cranberry juice
2 tbs lite applesauce
1/3 cup dried cranberries ( I used raisins )

Place ingredients into breadmaker as manufacturer instructs and follow
baking instructions in your manuel   .

All her recipes states these instructions, although in
the beginning of the book she lists tips etc for abm baking.

RICH WHITE BREAD
2 1/2 tsp yeast
3 cups bread flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 tbs lowfat margarine
1 tbs fat free margarine
1 egg white
1/4 cup egg substitute
1 cup skim milk

same instructions as in first recipe

RYE BREAD
2 1/4 tsp yeast
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbs non fat dry milk powder
2 cups bread flour
1 1/4 cups rye flour
1/3 cup apple butter
1 cup water
1 tsp caraway seeds ( I added )

same instructions as in first recipe

CINNAMON RAISIN BREAD
2 1/2 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
1 3/4 tsp cinnmaon
3 1/2 cups bread flour
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup lite applesauce
1/2 cup egg substitute
1 egg white
1 cup skim milk
1/2 cup raisins

same instructions as in first recipe

BANANA BREAD
2 tsp yeast
3/4 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
2 tbs nonfat dry milk powder
1 tsp cinnamon
3 1/3 cups bread flour
1 cup mashed bananas
4 tbs lite applesauce
1 cup water

Instructions as in first recipe

DILL BREAD
1 1/2 tsp yeast
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 tbs sugar
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbs parsley flakes
2 tbs dil
3 cups flour
2 tbs minced dried onion flakes
1 cup nonfat cottage cheese
1/2 cup egg substitute
3 tbs water

See instructions as in first recipe above

Hope you enjoy them. We especially like the rybread one the best.

Joan,"Flour Power"

`[1;36;40mRainbow V 1.18.3 for Delphi - Registered