BreadMan Plus/Salton

wmathews@falcon.liunet.edu (Walter Mathews)
Sat, 21 Dec 1996 22:29:26 -0400
v096.n070.14
I've had problems from the beginning with my BreadMan Plus:  Overbaked in
the beginning...stuck loaves...therefore had to scrub with a plastic-net
pad (Dobie) to clean...called Salton...they curtly suggested that I turn
the machine off early to avoid burnt bread...hmmm...finally frustrated with
stuck loaves...called Salton...they said "season pan with canola oil in the
oven"...learned I had to do that every 2-3 loaves...they offered to sell me
a new one at high cost...read on this listserv bad report on Salton service
and good report on another company that replaced pans...called Salton ready
to yell...didn't have to...they immediately said they would send me a new
pan...it works great...loaves slide out with ease...pan stays clean...only
needs wiping with dishcloth...I'm a happy baker again...thanks, Salton, for
being a responsible manufacturer.

Walt

Walter M. Mathews
University Dean of Academic Affairs