Honey

evedex@globalserve.net (Eve Dexter)
Sun, 29 Dec 1996 09:46:04 -0500
v096.n071.2
A while ago I contacted a gentleman at a 'Honey Board' via the www.  I too
wondered about the crystalization of honey.  He replied that it is a normal
occurance and gently heating (you don't want to make candy) by either a low
cycle in the microwave or in a pot of hot water was the best way to
re-liquify the solid mass.  His suggestion, however, was to make sure that
there are no crystals left in the re-liquified honey or it will re-solidify
quickly.

 I had known the trick for liquifying but didn't ever worry about getting
all the crystals...'just enough for now' seemed as good a trick as any.
Since getting his post, I have made sure that all the crystals are gone, and
sure enough, the honey stays liquid much, much longer.

Good Luck and Happy Baking to all.
Eve Dexter                                        evedex@globalserve.net
c/o Old Bell Farm
Ontario, Canada