Dog Biscuits

"Peg Doolin, Sean Center" <pegsean@together.net>
Sat, 28 Dec 1996 21:33:25 -0500
v096.n071.3
Danny,

	You asked about dog biscuit recipes.  If I've done it correctly,
there will be three recipes attached to this message.  If not, let me
know.  I get the digest form so I only read through the messages once a
week.

Peg
Essex, Vermont

---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: Bread Machine Dog Biscuits
 Categories: Breadmaker, Pet's
      Yield: 1 Batch

      3/4 c  Beef, chicken or vegetable

  :          -broth *            1/2 c

        1 ea Egg                   1 ea

        3 tb Oil                   2 tb

        1 c  All-purpose flour   3/4 c

        1 c  Whole-wheat flour   3/4 c

      1/3 c  Bulgur**              2 tb

      1/3 c  Wheat germ            2 tb

      1/3 c  Bran                  2 tb

      1/4 c  Nonfat dry milk       3 tb

      1/4 ts Garlic powder       1/4 ts

    1 1/2 ts Yeast             1 1/2 ts

  :          *Or use hot water and 2 or 3

  :          -bouillon cubes.

  :          **If you don't have bulgur,

  :          -try substituting something

  :          -like a 7-grain cereal

  :          Ingredients in first column

  :          -is for 1 1/2 lb.  Those

  :          -quantities listed after

  :          -ingredients are for l lb.
    SOURCE:  Posted on *P Food and Wine Board under

  Breads by Machine by Linda Rehbergg - CNJX21A on

  12/21/93......Formatted into MM by Ursula R. Taylor.

    Place ingredints in bread pan according to

  manufactureres directions and press "Dough" cycle.

  When machine beeps, remove dough to lightly floured

  countertop and with a rolling pin, roll dough out to

  1/4" thickness. Using a dog bone cookie cutter (or any

  small seasonal cookie cutters), cut out dog biscuits

  and place on a lightly greased cookie sheet or one

  sprinkled with cornmeal.  Reroll scraps and repeat

  till all dough is used up. Place in a warm location

  and let rise 30 minutes. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes

  until brown and no longer soft.  Place on a rack to

  cool. Store in an airtight container.

-----

---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: Breadmaker Dog Biscuits
 Categories: Pet's, Breadmaker
      Yield: 1 Recipe

  ~--------------------INFORMATION ONLY---------------------
    SOURCE:  Linda Rehberg on *P - ID #GNJX21A.  Note on

  Foods BB - Breads by Machine - dated 12/20/93 to

  Ursula R. Taylor.

    You should be able to convert dog biscuit recipes to

  your bread machine. If you have a 1 1/2 lb. machine,

  use about 1 cup liquid (eggs count as a scant 1/4 cup

  liquid) and a total of 3 cups of dry ingredients

  (flour and grains).  If the mixture is too stiff for

  your machine to mix easily, add 1 to 2 tbsp. more

  liquid. Hope this helps.

    This note was formated by Ursula R. Taylor...Note

  from Ursula - using this method - use only dough

  cycle, then remove and roll or pat dough out and bake

  in the oven....

-----

---------- Recipe via Meal-Master (tm) v8.04

      Title: Dog Cookies - Breadmaker
 Categories: Pet's, Breadmaker
      Yield: 30 Cookies

  :          -GGMB18A

        1 c  Beef, chicken or vegetable

  :          --stock

        1 c  Bread OR all-purpose flour

        1 c  Whole wheat or rye flour

  :          --OR other dark flour

        1 c  Bulgar wheat

      1/4 c  Non-fat dry milk powder

      1/2 ts Salt

    1 1/2 ts Yeast
    Use dough cycle. Roll dough to 1/4" thickness. Cut

  with cookie cutters or knife. Place on baking sheets

  sprinkled with cornmeal. Cover with clean kitchen

  towels and let rise in warm place about 45 minutes.

  Bake at 325-degrees for 45 minutes. When all are

  baked, turn off oven and return all cookies to cooling

  oven overnight to harden. Store in airtight container.

  [Using a 3.5" bone shaped cutter, I get about 30-35

  cookies from this recipe. Sam the Wonder Dog adores

  them.]

-----