Romancing the Stone

rbursey@pine.alberni.net (Robert Bursey)
Mon, 13 Jan 97 17:09:17 PST
v097.n004.17
I am now the proud owner of a baking stone and am looking for hints on how to
best use it. I have made one pizza with some success. However I did have some
trouble getting the uncooked off the "peel" and onto the stone. I used corn
meal under the dough; is there a better way. Also, I would really now like to
dedicate the rest of my life sourdough. The only thing I am missing is a
starter (not much luck with any I've tried so far). Finally, the book that came
with it mentions calzone and stresses the importance of making sure the
ingredients are thouroughly dry. I had never heard of this before.

++++
 Robert Bursey
 rbursey@freenet.alberni.net