Re: Digest bread-bakers.v097.n004

Joyce L Owen <jowen@OREGON.UOREGON.EDU>
Mon, 20 Jan 1997 20:48:21 -0800 (PST)
v097.n006.9
Someone asked for a suggestion for keeping sourdough starter warm. I keep
mine in the oven with the light bulb on.  It's the perfect temperature.  If
your oven doesn't have a light, you might try a heating pad in a box.  I
used to germinate heat-loving seeds that way, in a styrofoam ice-chest.

>Can anyone suggest a method to keep sourdough starter warm (i.e., 70 -
>85 degrees) in a house that remains in the low 60's for the winter?  I
>would like to "reactivate" my dried starter, but don't have a place in
>the house that reaches the appropriate temperature range.  I don't have
>a pilot light in the oven, so I can't place it in there.  And I can't
>put in on top of my water heater...it's outside.
>
>Any advice?

Joyce L. Owen           jowen@oregon.uoregon.edu
Eugene OR
Visit the Website of the Fanconi Anemia Research Fund, Inc.
http://www.rio.com/~fafund