RE: rotating paddle stuck

Bob Jones <bjones@bdt.com>
Tue, 11 Feb 1997 19:53:19 -0800
v097.n012.20
>From: hirsc003@mc.duke.edu
>Subject: rotating paddle stuck
>Date: Mon, 27 Jan 1997 11:13 -0500 (EST)
>
>     I think I probably have one of the earlier bread machines made --
>     a 4 1/2 year old Hitachi.  It has been used regularly -- probably
>     2-3 times a week over the 4+ year period.  Now, the paddle is
>     starting to stick -- it's not rotating properly, and not mixing
>     ingredients properly.  I have tried oiling the inside with cooking
>     oil and the outside with WD40 oil.  Does anyone have any suggestions
>     how to fix this problem?

I have an older Hitachi machine.. 3 years old or more. I noticed the paddle
was really get hard to turn. You can test yours by taking the pan out and
tryin to turn the paddle with your index finger. It should turn VERY
easily. Mine was stiff city. I took the assembly out by using a tool called
"ring plyers". Ask you local tool jock to borrow one. I disassembled and
cleaned all part then reaasembled using a thick silicon lubricant. Its been
free as a bird now and has been so for over a year.

Bob