Hitachi - Fix do not replace!

Barbara Geiger <bgeiger@utdallas.edu>
Fri, 14 Feb 1997 14:10:32 -0600 (CST)
v097.n013.1
Stuck blade?  Be sure area is clean.  I put water inside pan
to soak dry bread until soft & then clean out with a brush or
toothpick.

John in Cincin. suggested I turn pan over, remove C-clip & take off piece
with ears which engages the mechanism in bottom of breadmaker.  After
tapping the shaft with a mallet until it fell out, use a punch when it
got level with bushing.  Clean everything including the gasket part which
shows around the shaft inside the pan.  Lubricate the shaft with
petroleum jelly and reassemble.  This worked for a few months.  I then
got a new gasket for $8.00 & replaced it & have had great bread again
with my 4 year old machine using it at least 3 times a week for dough
and bread.

* bgeiger@utdallas.edu              *
* Barbara Geiger                    *