Dill Bread

"Linda S. Fallert" <lsf@adnc.com>
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 09:33:03 -0800
v097.n024.3
This is my first post to the list.  The following recipe for Dill Bread is
from the cookbook for the West Bend Homestyle Bread Machine but works well
in all types of machines.  I am not a fan of dill but this bread is yummy
and the dill is not overpowering.

Recipe:         Dill Bread (West Bend)
Yield:          1 1/2 pound loaf

Water, 90-100 degrees F         9 ounces (1cup plus 2 tablespoons)
Bread Flour                     3 cups
Sugar                           2 tablespoons
Salt                            1 1/2 teaspoons
Dill Weed                       1 tablespoon
Dry Milk                        1 1/2 tablespoons
Butter or Margarine             2 tablespoons
Active Dry Yeast                2 teaspoons

Add lukewarm water to bread pan

Add dry ingredients, except yeast to pan.  Tap pan to settle ingredients,
then level ingredients, pushing some of the mixture into the corners.  Place
butter into corners of pan.

Make a well in center of dry ingredients; add yeast and lock pan into bread
maker.

Program for basic and desired crust color and start bread maker.  When done,
turn off and remove bread from pan and cool on rack before slicing.

Linda from Pine Valley CA