Bread Machines? and a recipe

Leon & Miriam Posvolsky <posvolsk@centroin.com.br>
Sun, 29 Jun 1997 14:40:22 -0300
v097.n044.7
I don't own a bread machine.I would like to know if the bread machine
doesn't take away the fun of bread making?

Here is a recipe for Rye Bread I developped to be made either by hand or in
the Kitchen Aid.

Rye Bread

1 1/2 lb unbleached all purpose flour
2/3   lb rye flour
2 1/2 cups tepid water
2 t dry yeast
2 T salt
2 T caraway seeds
1 t oil

Dissolve yeast in water
Stir in 2 cups all purpose flour.
Let stand covered with plastic at least 6 hs at room temperature.
Place yeast flour mixture into Kitchen Aid bowl.
Add rest of white flour and knead 10 minutes.
Add rye flour, salt and caraway and knead another 10 minutes.
Add oil.
Knead just to incorporate.
Remove to a working surface and knead with hands 3 mins.
Place in bowl covered with plastic and let rise until doubled in bulk.
Knead to extract air.
Let rise one more time.
Shape into loaves and bake in an ugresed pan in pre-heated 425 oven 40 mins.
Turn down heat to 300 and bake another 10 mins.

sent by Miriam Podcameni Posvolsky.