A couple of tips

Dan & Vana Fessler <fessler@wolfenet.com>
Tue, 08 Jul 1997 17:32:05 -0700
v097.n046.4
Hello everyone-

I have been a bread baker off and on for about 25 years.  I was just making
pizza dough and thought of a couple of tips I might share with the group.

1)  I save the shower caps from motels etc. and use them as bowl covers for
rising dough.  Works great.  They quickly wash up and can be thrown away
after a few uses.  You can also buy them at the drug store in the hair care
section.

2)  When I am making bread for sandwiches and want a nice, sliceable crust,
I put the bread, after baking, on a cooling rack. Then I take a clean
kitchen towel (I like linen ones.  Don't use terry cloth!) and wet it under
running water.  Ring out the towel and then drape over the steaming hot
bread.  The towel will dry out as the bread cools and leave the bread nice
and soft.

These work for me.  Hope they work for you also. ;-)

Vana L. Fessler
fessler@wolfenet.com