new style bread machines

"Judi Boniface" <boniface@dreamscape.com>
Sun, 7 Sep 1997 18:59:44 -0400
v097.n056.11
Hi,

I have been lurking here for months on end and finally decided to jump in.
 I have the original "cheap" Zoji machine (the one that isn't
programmable).  During the 4 or 5 years that I've had it I have replaced
the pan once, the paddle twice and the coupling set once.  The machine
runs at the minimum of 1 loaf every other day, so it has really had a
workout and I have been happy with the quality of bread that comes out of
it.  The parts I consider a minor inconvenience and the cost has been
reasonable to fairly cheap.

My question is now, should the machine break, what would I replace it
with?  I found a website with the new Zoji machines that make a
traditional style loaf not the upright loaf I'm used to.

Questions:
1. Do new machines with the horizontal loaf shape really produce an even
loaf of bread?

2. I set the machine before I go to bed at night and wake up to the smell
of warm bread.  This means that I'm not there to level or straighten out
the bread before it actually goes to the bake cycle, is that still needed
with the new machines?

3. Any other experiences with that style of machine?

Thank you in advance for your considerable expertise and advise.

--
Judi Boniface
Herkimer, NY