Overbaking?

RollFamily@aol.com
Sun, 19 Oct 1997 10:29:21 -0400 (EDT)
v097.n064.13
I?m hoping someone can help me. I have a Toastmaster bread machine that I
purchased close to a year ago. I really love it and have been experimenting
with a lot of different types of recipes. My only problem is that the bread
always seems to be overbaked. It seems as if the bread machine is either
baking the bread too hot or for too long. I have tried baking the bread on
the shortest baking cycle and that doesn?t seem to help. The bread turns out
a little too dry and has a very thick crust on it. I have gotten into the
habit of using the dough cycle on all of my bread recipes and then baking it
in my conventional oven. By doing this with the same recipes I have a nice
moist and tender loaf of bread. Any suggestions? I?m including a recipe I got
off of the Fleishmann?s web site. It is really good. Makes a 1-pound loaf.

Thank you!
Pat Roll
RollFamily@aol.com

Sour Cream-Poppy Seed Bread

    1/3	cup	sour cream
     3	tablespoons	water
     1	large	egg
     1	tablespoon	margarine, cut up
       3/4	teaspoon	salt
     2	cups	bread flour
     1	tablespoon	sugar
     1	teaspoon	poppy seeds
     1 1/2	teaspoons	yeast

Add ingredients to bread machine in order suggested by manufacturer. Use
basic/white cycle.